TRAINING AND CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION
Please be advised, due to the recent travel conditions from the COVID-19 outbreak, the BEP Travel Grant Program will only be sponsoring participants to virtual events until further notice.
Please note that until further notice, BEP Travel Grants are awarded on a once per year per person policy. If you are awarded funding to travel, you will not be able to attend another event with BEP support during the same calendar year.
WHAT TRAVEL GRANT COVERS:
BEP’s travel grants cover travel costs, including airfare, lodging, per diem, conference fees, visa reimbursement and transport costs. The duration of the travel should not exceed 15 days. Grantees are expected to complete an evaluation and provide documentation of expenses upon return home.
WHEN TO APPLY?
If the applicant needs to apply for a visa to the destination: Application must be received at least 120 days before the event start date.
If the applicant already has a visa for the destination: Application must be received at least 90 days before the event start date.
Applicants are responsible for applying for their own visa.
Please follow the directions below to submit your travel grant application for funding consideration by the U.S. Department of State’s Biosecurity Engagement Program (BEP).
1. Fill out ALL fields of this form. Please note that BEP cannot review incomplete applications.
2. Attach the following applicable documents, using the interface below:
- Passport copy
- Curriculum vitae (see note below for requirements)
- Copy of the abstract/poster
- Copy of visa (if acquired) to event country
- Invitation letter or event announcement
3. Submit the form - if you have any trouble uploading documents or submitting the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A note about the Curriculum vitae (CV): CV must be attached with your application. Your application will not be reviewed if the CV is not attached. The CV must include the following:
- Full name and contact information
- Professional experience (employment history)
- Publications - up to 5 most recent and relevant publications
- Participation in international training and conferences - up to 5 most recent training events and conferences
TRAINING AND CONFERENCE TRAVEL GRANT APPLICATION FORM
Please complete and submit this form, attaching the appropriate documents as indicated. All questions marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.